Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday {Week 3}

Thursday: A select few on my Irish Tap Team got to perform at one of the local college's basketball games! I am just so thankful for this group of girls and how wonderful they've made my last year. More than that, I'm thankful for the fact that they are willing to place their faith in God in prayer before every performance. Most dancers have weird traditions before they go out and perform but the only tradition we have is to get in a big circle, hold hands crossing right over left, and untwisting when "Amen" is said.



Friday: I got to spend a great Friday night at the movies with a bunch of my friends. Believe it or not, we stayed for 2 movies! Haha! And since everyone we were with was on a date, my best friend and I pretended to be on one too. He even (I actually made him) pay for my popcorn!! How sweet <3

And since one of the movies we saw was about aliens (it was Dark Skies) and the aliens messed with technology a lot, everything that night dealing with my technology seemed to be malfunctioning that night.


I screencapped this (obviously) and sent it to them and Tripp's reply was "Kiah when those first two letters are ET you had better be scared." Thanks Tripp love you too.

Saturday: I had my very last Irish show ever ever ever and I thought none of my friends were going to show up but they actually did :) And we proceeded to take a million pictures backstage and after the show.




Don't those sperry's look adorable with my Irish costume? I think so too ;)

And after that my friends and I went to a super fun bonfire!




Sunday: Sunday sunday sunday....I don't even remember Sunday...hahaha. Wait! I totally do! My sister and I got to go shopping for my mom's birthday together and the weather was like 85 degrees which was so so so great!! :)

Monday: My mom came to dance to watch me. I know that may not seem like a big deal but there's probably about 3 moms that come to dance to watch their girls and I'm so thankful that my mom is one of them and will take out time from her day to come support me!

Tuesday: We FINALLY started partnering for the spring recital! As cheesy as it sounds, I'm so thankful for how willing and how eager my partner is to be at practice every time and how hard he is willing to work to make me look good! Even though that includes giving me some pretty gnarly bruises and scratches!



But hey, if it gets me a lift like this....I'm okay with that :)


Obviously that's not me, but that really is the first lift we're doing in my dance! 

I was also thankful to get to sleep in my sister's room and share lots of laughs and nice conversations! :)



Wednesday: No matter what kind of day I'm having, it never ceases to amaze me how happy my little girls are to see me! I'm so thankful for every single one of the girls I teach, especially the ones that yell "MISS KIAH!! MISS KIAH!!!" the second I walk into the studio!

What were you thankful for this week? Leave me a link to your post below or just tell me in the comments! :)
Have a wonderful rest of the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment