Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Danced the day away!

As you all know (or should know...tsk tsk if you didn't know) I went out of town this past weekend for a dance camp.
To be quite honest, I was pretty skeptical going into it because there were only 5 of us going out of like 15 juniors and seniors and so I wasn't sure it was going to be as fun as last year.

But it was actually pretty fantastic.

The ride up there was really fun even though the three of us who rode in one of the cars together didn't really do anything. We just watched Proposal on one of my friends iPad's (actually they watched The Proposal...me being the nerd I am tuned them out and read :) )

Not a very flattering picture, but it'll have to do!

Also on the way up there, we got to experience a beautiful sunset on the actual pretty side of New Mexico.
And if this isn't proof of God, then I don't know what is.




(Forgive me for them not being very good quality pictures, but they were taken through a window of a moving vehicle!)

When we got to El Paso, we did my favorite thing *ahem* eat. 
If you've never had super authentic Mexican food, I suggest you do so. ASAP.

And then we got to the hotel and finally wen't to bed.
Actually we laid in bed until 2am and just talked but my dance teacher has no idea we stayed up that late.
So shh.
I had the two cutest sleeping buddies though :)


Then the next day was the day we "Danced Away".


That cutie with a booty and the orange bag is me. 
Just kidding I don't have a booty.


That top picture is seriously one of my all time favorites. 
The girl on the right in the burgundy shirt was one of our seniors that graduated last year who now attends that school and she is seriously one of the sweetest girls ever. 
It was so good to get to see her again.

Then after that we went to do my favorite thing. Again.
Eat.


I know I look like a hot mess in that photo with my jacket all dismantled and whatnot, but what can I say? 
I was excited for some popcorn shrimp, alright?
Which I ate 45 pieces of by the way.
Plus all my fries.
Plus Red Lobster's delicious biscuits.
Plus cheese sticks.
Plus Salad.
Let's just say my food baby was way too big by the time I left.
After that, we went to the senior show that the college put on which I thought was absolutely incredible.

The next morning we woke up at 6:30 so we could be out of the hotel by 7:30 to go...yep. Eat.
We went to one of my dance teacher's friends house and they fed us an AMAZING breakfast.

Fun Fact of the Day: That pool table came out of a pool hall that went out of business in the 1950's and the only thing that had to be redone to it was the green stuff for lack of a better word and the tasselly thingys.
:)

Overall, it was a really fun trip with lots of laughs and good conversations!
I can't believe this was one of the last trips I'll ever take with my studio.
I'm getting so old :(
Someone order the wheelchair now.

Anyway...
I'll talk to you all soon!
I'm sorry for taking so long to make this post!
Hope y'all are having a great week! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment